SUBCHAPTER G—Air Carriers and Operators for Compensation or Hire: Certification and Operations
PART 119—Certification: Air Carriers and Commercial Operators
Sec. 119.1 Applicability
- This part applies to each person operating or intending to operate civil aircraft—
- As an air carrier or commercial operator, or both, in air commerce; or
- When common carriage is not involved, in operations of U.S.-registered civil airplanes with a seat configuration of 20 or more passengers, or a maximum payload capacity of 6,000 pounds or more.
- This part prescribes—
- The types of air operator certificates issued by the Federal Aviation Administration, including air carrier certificates and operating certificates;
- Except for operations when common carriage is not involved conducted with airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of 20 seats or more, excluding any required crewmember seat, or a payload capacity of 6,000 pounds or more, this part does not apply to—
- Nonstop flights conducted within a 25-statute-mile radius of the airport of takeoff carrying persons or objects for the purpose of conducting intentional parachute operations.