Sec. 61.51: Pilot logbooks
- Presentation of required documents.
Persons must present their pilot certificate, medical certificate, logbook, or any other record required by this part for inspection upon a reasonable request by—
- The Administrator;
- An authorized representative from the National Transportation Safety Board; or
- Any Federal, State, or local law enforcement officer.
Sec. 61.56: Flight review
- Except as provided in paragraphs (d), (e), and (g) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of an aircraft unless, since the beginning of the 24th calendar month before the month in which that pilot acts as pilot in command, that person has—
- Accomplished a flight review given in an aircraft for which that pilot is rated by an authorized instructor and
- A logbook endorsed from an authorized instructor who gave the review certifying that the person has satisfactorily completed the review.
Sec. 61.57: Recent flight experience: Pilot in command
- General experience.
- Except as provided in paragraph (e) of this section, no person may act as a pilot in command of an aircraft carrying passengers or of an aircraft certificated for more than one pilot flight crewmember unless that person has made at least three takeoffs and three landings within the preceding 90 days, and—
- The person acted as the sole manipulator of the flight controls; and
- The required takeoffs and landings were performed in an aircraft of the same category, class, and type (if a type rating is required), and, if the aircraft to be flown is an airplane with a tailwheel, the takeoffs and landings must have been made to a full stop in an airplane with a tailwheel.
Sec. 61.133: Commercial pilot privileges and limitations
- Privileges —
- General. A person who holds a commercial pilot certificate may act as pilot in command of an aircraft—
- Carrying persons or property for compensation or hire, provided the person is qualified in accordance with this part and with the applicable parts of this chapter that apply to the operation; and
- For compensation or hire, provided the person is qualified in accordance with this part and with the applicable parts of this chapter that apply to the operation.